Saturday, September 6, 2008

we can rest our bones side by side


Austin is on tour again. Missing him is hard, trying to stay close to someone far away is the hardest. I'm glad the band is touring, so it's bitter sweet. We have just always been so inseparable... sigh. In the past I have made mix cd's for us to listen to "together". Setting a time for both of us to pop it in so we can kind of experience the same thing at the same time while he is on the road. Sounds cheesy, but it's fun. So cheese it is. I started to make a mix for this tour, but I only got 12 songs in... I didn't have time to finish it.
So, for this tour our "together" project is writing a daily haiku based on the same topic. We are not sharing what we write until he gets home. I picked the topic today "Bargain Bin" & tomorrow's topic is all his. I'll post the finish product in a few weeks when he returns. As for the mix cd - this is where I left it:

Going Out West - Tom Waits
Sick of Goodbyes - Sparklehorse
Heartache - Violent Femmes
Hate It Here - Wilco
Boring Together - Paleo
Cry to Me - Solomon Burke
Ruler of My Heart - Irma Thomas
When U Love Somebody - Fruit Bats
I'm So Tired - Say Hi To Your Mom
I Love How You Love Me - Neutral Milk Hotel
For The Damaged - Blonde Redhead
Do You Wanna Be Buried With My People - Scout Niblett

2 comments:

Eli said...

Okay, that's it: that's just too freakin cute, I can't stand it. I totally want to go to your wedding now.

Model Citizen aka Bonnie Rue said...

aww, you are sweet.

we are supposed to tie the knot on our 10 year anniversary... so that's 11/14/2009. it'll be here before i know it! Eek! Better start planning!

seems like the last thing either of us wants to do in the v. little free time we have, is plan a wedding...

I can see the whole thing in my head, but organizing it all (when all i do all day is organize future happenings) just doesn't seem to get done.
sigh.