Sunday, February 15, 2009

Safety First


Did you know that Valentine's Day is the first day of National Condom Week?
Well it is! To celebrate I'd like to share a few photos of some seriously amazing
garments constructed entirely out of condoms! I'm so impressed with all the different textures and colors in these designs - I just want to touch them! All the knots, braiding, layering, & i love how they make the condoms look like flowers! Do you think that these garments are noisy when they are worn? I bet they squeak. Most of what you see here was designed for a fashion show at the 4th Annual Reproductive Health Expo in Beijing back in 2007. Others were created for an event called Dress Up Against AIDS.



I remember episodes of Project Runway where the contestants would have to construct an outfit out of things they found in the grocery store or candy wrappers... I wonder if they have ever used condoms (I missed a season here and there)? If not, I'd like to see that. I read that the condoms pictured here were factory rejects. That kinda blew my mind! Talk about quality control! There are a lot of condoms here!



Well kids, remember to look both ways before crossing the street & while undressing Venus, don't forget to dress up the penis.



No comments: