Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Making old art new again

I've been making tons of "One of a Kind" items for my shop lately. We have a lot of guys from Austin's band (Lions) staying at the house right now so I hide away upstairs crafting & listening to the Fruit Bats. I can't complain really. I come down to make dinner with everyone. We dance around the kitchen, drinking box wine & cooking big pots of spicy beans & rice. I guess I'm saying that being a "starving artist" is a lot of fun. Or more fun than people make it out to be anyway. So yeah, I've been crafting many one of a kind pieces. My favorite being the "Unicorns Are Real" earrings pictured above. I used the silhouette of the unicorn in a drawing I did a year or two ago called "You are my secret admirer?!"
It's a good feeling to make old art new again. You get to revisit your creative past. I love sitting down with a cup of tea (or glass of wine) to flip through my old sketch books. Some of it is just embarrassing but I think that's what I like most about it. Blushing & laughing at yourself is good medicine.

Okay, now I'm calling on you to revamp an old drawing or update that purse you made out of a pillow case 3 years ago (you know it's hanging in the back of your closet getting no love), & then blog about it or post it here.

Happy Revamping!

No comments: