Saturday, July 12, 2008

Turn it up!

Oh man. What a week! Work, work, work.
Our new band at work The Dedringers, had their record release on Thursday and their was only a million or so things that needed to be done before they actually hit the stage. It wore a sister out! The show was really great though - as were the margaritas...
When I am at work, chained to my desk, making calls, reading code, & generally making everything legit I have to have some music going. It's the only way to get through the paper pushing. Working at a booking agency - we have a large library of music to choose from. It's been brought to my attention recently that I am a girl band whore. Most everything I listen to is made by some ladies. My current love? Grand Ole Party! I saw them at SxSW this year and my jaw hit the floor instantly. Their songs are funky and the lyric content is swanky sexy. Oh yeah and Kristin Gundred is unbelievable! Singing, drumming, and smokin' hot. I'm telling you - if I were a lesbian...
I walked out of the Emo's Lounge after Kimya Dawson finished warming the hearts of a few hundred folks with her beat up accoustic guitar when I heard this giant, heavy drum beat come from the Emo's tent across the street and I wondered over in a trance.
Here, take two and a half minutes out of your day to watch their video for "Look Out Young Son" - she may very well be the devils daughter, because I am under her spell.

No comments: