Sunday, March 15, 2009

Whistle While You Work

That's what I'm going to do.

SXSW is moments away! I've been a busy B trying to prepare for the shock to my system. Busy & super excited! Guests are flying in Wednesday and the house is almost ready. My boss is out of town until mid week so I'm holding down the fort by myself... Plus I'll be distributing all copies of VICE Magazine's SXSW Music Guide! Oh right and I need to restock Hovercraft & The East End Craft Gallery with spring goodness. Hoodies & Tanks here we come!
*Have I bitten off more than I can chew?*

No Way!

So what's been getting me through this hectic time? Well I've been listening to a lot of ladies from the west coast.
Hailing from Sacramento - Agent Ribbons - would be at the top of that list. She will be performing @ SXSW 5 times!!!
DO NOT MISS HER!


Also passing through my ears these days? My all time favorite (!!!) Songs for Moms. *Listen to "My Skin is a Grave Yard" - it's my favorite to sing in the car while I drive too fast*
If Dead Milkmen had not been men and rather women - they'd have been Songs for Moms. I love this band so much I actually did mail them a fan letter. If you find yourself crushing hard like I did then drop them a line:

Songs For Moms
1127 Peralta St.
Oakland, CA 94607

I'll probably be tweeting more than blogging during SxSW. Not following me on Twitter? Why not? I thought we were friends.

xo!
Bonnie Rue

No comments: